Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Staying Positive in Your Job Search!

Image result for job search

Graduating is an exciting time that brings a new stage of life, your career! Although many seniors have already secured a job (Congrats!), there are still some that are feeling a little stagnant in their job search (I'm one of them!). Here are few tips to stay positive in your job search! Don't give up!
1. Network!
Just because you aren't employed doesn't mean you can't chat it up with other employed people! take advantage of different groups and networking events. These will provide opportunities to meet up with people who can help in your career and give you insight on building it.

2. Set Yourself Apart!
This time isn't just for waiting! Build your LinkedIn profile and update your cover letter and resume. Creating personal websites or beefing up your portfolio is also great. Be sure that when updating these documents to let your personality peek through. Show employers why you are the perfect pick!

3. Stay Positive!!
It is difficult. And scary. But don't worry! There is a position out there for you! Don't settle for just any job either. Be sure to take something that not only will advance your career but be something you enjoy! Everyone's paths are different, so don't compare. Don't give up!



4 comments:

  1. Tesia, your article inspired me to not be so concerned during my job search. It seems like everyone around me is landing jobs after jobs, and I am still extremely active in my job search. I agree with your comments about networking. Networking has helped me land jobs and internships in the past and I am definitely taking advantage of my connections back home. I remind myself that the right opportunity has not crossed my path yet. I understand the right position will be offered to me at the right time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Whitney! And you are so right! The right opportunity has not crossed our paths yet! No need to fret. There is a position out their for us! Good luck with your post grad plans!

      Delete
  2. This is yet another great article Tesia! I've definitely been at the point where I was stressed beyond belief thinking that I would never find an internship for the summer. But I realized that worrying about it wouldn't help me in the long run. Staying positive actually helped me end up getting an offer for an internship that is a dream come true, so this is really great advice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've loved your blog this semester! I may even consider making it mandatory reading for all my college students in the future! Excellent advice!

    ReplyDelete