Wednesday, April 8, 2015

10 Tips to Maximize and Expand Your LinkedIn Network!

Image result for linked in


With the job application process being so important for current college seniors, LinkedIn has become a hub for job searching and connecting professionals from everywhere. Here are 10 tips to beef up your LinkedIn profile to maximize and expand your network!

1. Create a catchy headline!
2. Keep an active account through liking posts or even publishing your own.
3. Include keywords in your summary and background to be found in searches.
4. Use your profile as an online portfolio by adding links or documents to show the work you've done in a specific position. 
5. Join groups that are relevant to your career path.
6. Add an industry to your profile to increase your profile views.
7.Don't forget to include volunteer work!
8. Send thank you notes to new connections.
9. Ask for connections to provide you with recommendations.
10. Check your profile regularly! You don't want to miss out on an opportunity by neglecting your page!


What other tips do you have to expand your LinkedIn network?

4 comments:

  1. LinkedIn is one my favorite social media platforms. I am very active on LinkedIn and love updating my profile. We learned in class that 94% of recruiters search for candidates via LinkedIn! I have been in contact with several recruiters and various other professionals because of our connection on LinkedIn. I think these tips are great for any LinkedIn user to ensure their profile is at the “All-Star” level! The career services office has provided great suggestions to improve our LinkedIn profiles as well and I always enjoy learning more about the various features of LinkedIn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Tesia! I never really know what to do with my LinkedIn account once I update it with new information every now and again. I especially found tip number three to be helpful! My professors always tell me to use key words that are attention grabbers in my resume, and it makes sense that LinkedIn would be no different!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm catching up on blog posts and I have really enjoyed yours. Even though your blog is about the transition from college, I still find myself thinking about things like LinkedIn, leadership, and wardrobe. Such good advice here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing advice! I love LinkedIn and I think it is such a good way to network and connect with people in the business world. Especially now, with looking for jobs, there are so many features and tools on LinkedIn that we can use to help us. Great post!

    ReplyDelete